Why Use Us
- Our Flexible Fees: Letting out a property can be very stressful, confusing and time consuming. Not to mention expensive! Well, we aim to take all of that away and do so at a fair and reasonable cost. We can do this because we don’t have the overheads that many estate agents have and therefore we can pass this saving on to you whilst offering the very best service that you deserve. Our fee structure is simple, transparent, consistent and most of all, excellent value.
- We Just Do Lettings & Management: We’re specialist property letting and management agents. Not estate agents who also do lettings. This ensures that we are completely dedicated and committed to tenancy and management requirements at all times.
- Experience – How It Counts: How important is it to use an experienced letting agency? Well, we think it’s fundamental. After all, inexperience can often lead to the horror stories you regularly read and hear about as a result of not knowing the signs to look out for - and they are usually there! Luckily, at James Edward Lettings, we’ve been working collectively in the lettings sector for over 18 years. The Director has also been a landlord for over 11 years, a tenant for several and has worked as a letting agent in many different types of market, therefore, we fully understand what it’s like to be on both sides of the front door.
- We’re Streamlined: One of the biggest complaints from landlords and tenants is that they don’t know who to contact in relation to certain elements of the letting process. Whether it’s checking the status of a maintenance job, signing contracts or getting feedback from viewings, you will deal with one person from start to finish.
- We Have The Care Factor: Letting out a property is a balancing act, with lots to take into consideration, but we firmly believe that matching the right tenants with the right property is the best way to start and make for a happy tenancy. We care so much about this that we will only recommend and create a tenancy that we believe is going to suit the requirements of both parties. It means more to us and our reputation to know we’ve acted in the best interest of our landlords and tenants as opposed to influencing a landlord to accept a tenancy proposal so as to earn the commission - we’re motivated by doing the right thing, not by lucrative pay cheques.
- Landlord Portal: As a landlord with James Edward Lettings, you will have access to your own account where you can keep track of what’s happening at your property at any time, day or night. Once logged in, you will be able to view statements, track rent payments, see when property inspections are scheduled in, view reports and check tenancy dates.
- We’re Recommended: We’re delighted and proud to be recommended by our clients to others, it’s the perfect reflection of exactly what we strive to do. So much so, and as a little thank you, we offer to reduce our fee to clients that recommend us for the duration of their tenancy. Want to see what people are saying about us? Read here.
- We LOVE What We Do! We really do. Lettings and property management can often be considered less glamorous than selling – and this is the opinion of a lot in the property industry – but we love the whole process, it’s what makes us tick. If you want a letting agency to share the passion and care you have for your property, then call us today for a chat.
- We Do Everything With You In Mind: instruct James Edward Lettings and you’ll see what we mean. We treat your property and tenancy as if it’s our own, from the very first contact to handing the keys back at the end of the process. We stick firmly to this ethos which is what makes us stand out as clear industry professionals.
- Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) Propertymark - Why Being ARLA Propertymark Qualified Matters.
Letting agents are not regulated and anyone can let a home on your behalf. We strongly believe tenants and landlords should only use lettings experts who:
- Protect your rent in a third party account and have client money protection;
- Understand and keep up to date with lettings legislation;
- Can refer you to an independent third party if you are unhappy and wish to make a complaint.
What our ARLA Propertymark membership means to you
ARLA is a professional body which self-regulates letting agents to ensure members provide you with the highest levels of customer service. Membership means James Edward Lettings has to:
- Abide by a robust Code of Practice;
- Protect your rent and any deposits via a Client Money Protection Bonding Scheme;
- Insure landlords and tenants against loss of rent due to business financial issues;
- Provide a free Complaints Procedure, which includes disciplinary measures;
- Insure landlords and tenants against loss through Professional Indemnity insurance.